Generic Name: Metronidazole
Our Brand: Flagyl
Popular Brand: Flagyl
Availability: In Stock
Valid For: 24 Months
Flagyl (Metronidazole) is an antibiotic prescribed for the treatment of bacterial infections. It can be prescribed to treat, joints, stomach, skin, vagina and respiratory infections. However, this medication will not have any effect on vaginal yeast infections or any other viral infection.
How to Use
For the safe use of Flagyl (Metronidazole), always talk to a doctor before a prescription is given. The doctor needs to know if you have any of these conditions:
- Liver disease
- Nerve disorders
- Blood cell disorder such as leukopenia or anemia
- Seizure disorder
- Intestinal or stomach disease
Flagyl (Metronidazole) need to be used exactly as prescribed. Always take the entire prescribed dose. Do not chew or crush or break tablets. Swallow them whole with a full glass of water.
To make sure the medication is not causing any harm to your body; your doctor may require regular blood tests. This is done to see how the liver is fairing to the treatment.
FDA Pregnancy Classification
Don’t use this medication without first talking to a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The active ingredients may pass to breast milk and harm a nursing baby.
Store at room temperature and far from direct heat and moisture.
- Severe skin reaction
- Pain or burning when passing urine
- White patches or sores in your mouth or lips
- Numbness or tingling in the hands and/or feet
- Confusion, chills, sore throat, muscle pain, nausea and vomiting, increased sensitivity to light
- Mood or behavioral changes, difficulty concentrating, slurred speech, seizure or muscle twitching
- Dry mouth
- Diarrhea and stomach pain
- Swollen or sore tongue
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Metallic taste in your mouth
- Coughing, runny nose, sneezing or stuffy nose
In case of any serious side effects, stop using the medicine and contact your doctor. Most of the common side effects may improve over time.
Continue using the medicine even when the symptoms improve. The bacterial infection may not be completely cured until the dose is complete.
Avoid alcohol when using Flagyl (Metronidazole). Taking alcohol can result in bad side effects such as fast heartbeats, vomiting, nausea or redness under the skin and tingly feeling. Don’t take alcohol for at least 3 days after you finish the dose.
Flagyl (Metronidazole) has an interaction with 174 known drugs. Let your doctor know of all the medications you are on before a prescription is given.